Today, I have my second take on Bettine for One Week One Pattern 2016 🙂
I love version two of Bettine as much as I love version one. I made it in exactly the same way – with pockets, cuffs and tabs – but it didn’t take as long, as I’d already adjusted my paper pattern pieces to fix some fitting issues with the first one. I can see this is going to be along and happy love affair. Bettine is pretty much everything I want from a pattern. It’s easy to sew up, it pinches in at the waist, and it has lovely big pockets.
The fabric: a lovely, bird print crepe, which was another bargain from the Textile Centre. It was £3.99 per metre – it’s no longer available on their website, but it looks like there’s a small amount left in their eBay shop. It has a tiny bit of stretch to it, but not enough that it was difficult to work with.
The cost: I bought two metres of fabric, but I already had everything else I needed. I used buttons from my stash, leftover from my Delphine skirt. I already factored the cost of the pattern into yesterday’s post, so this dress only cost me about £8.
And on to version three…