More stash busting today! I’m not doing too badly with this de-stashing resolution. Marking the halfway point of One Week One Pattern 2016, I have my jersey Bettine.
The fabric: a red ditsy floral from Fabric Godmother, which is now out of stock. It’s a lightweight jersey with a nice drape, so works well for the pattern.
Modifications: the ones Tilly suggests for making a jersey Bettine in this blog post. You have to swap the neckline facing for a neckband and omit the pockets (the only downside to this dress). I also decided not to have cuffs or tabs, and simply turned the sleeves under. As with Bettine number three, I didn’t use zigzag stitch, and it seems to be okay. No adjustments needed to be made to the size because of the style of the dress – no working out negative ease and all that jazz. Another perk to not adding pockets is that it made it a super-quick sew. I think I made the whole thing in no more than four hours. Plus, I paused for lunch and to watch a couple of vlogs.
The cost: just the cost of the fabric. I got two metres for £18. I used less than 1.5 metres for this version though, so the leftovers have gone to my sister 🙂